The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Princeton in Asia: PiA is a nonprofit foundation committed to providing bright and motivated people with a vivid Asian experience. Teaching and workplace internships are available in a range of countries annually.
- Dave's ESL Café: "The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World."
- Educational Jobs: Search site for multiple types of education opportunities in Great Britain.
- ESLJOBS.com: Search by region to browse jobs teaching English as a Second Language.
- ESL Jobs World: Free to search by region and to receive jobs via email.
- Footprints Recruiting: An ESL teacher placement site.
- Idealist.org: Find volunteer opportunities, nonprofit jobs, internships, fellowships and organizations working to change the world.
- Japan Exchange and Teaching Program: International exchange and foreign-language program held throughout Japan.
- Office of Overseas Schools: U.S. Department of State listings of schools, training programs and employment opportunities.
- O-Hayo Sensei: A free electronic newsletter reports currently available English teaching positions in Japan.
- TeachAwayInc: Works with teachers across North America, placing them in jobs around the world. Offering ESL teaching jobs, along with positions for licensed teachers.
- Transitions Abroad: The “Teaching English Abroad” section lists jobs (by region and country) and resources.
- World Teach: Program founded at Harvard in 1986 that places volunteers in teaching positions around the world.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership- based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.