The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Aerotek Jobs Listings: A resource for job opportunities in the industry.
- Careers in Intelligent Automation: A look at where the field is headed.
- IEEE Spectrum overview of Green Tech news: Includes subcategories in advanced cars, fuel cells and mass transit.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers: Lists jobs in the U.S. and abroad.
- MyPursuit: Information on transportation engineer job duties, salaries, leading transportation engineer organizations as well as top cities.
- Science Buddies: Another good resource for gaining more information about the Transportation Engineering field.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: An extensive internship program.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Public Transportation Association: An international organization representing the transit industry.
- American Society of Civil Engineers: Represents more than 140,000 members of the civil engineering profession worldwide.
- IEEE’s Intelligent Transportation Society: Advances electrical engineering and information technologies as applied to ITS.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers: A community of transportation professionals.
- National Society of Professional Engineers: Focuses on the professional concerns of licensed PEs across all disciplines.
- Young Professionals in Transportation: A great way for those new to the field to communicate and share their experiences.