The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Venture Capital News: News and insight from the New York Times' Dealbook blog.
Selected Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Long Island Capital Alliance: Helps match businesses seeking venture capital and angel funding to investors.
- National Venture Capital Association: Emphasizes innovation and entrepreneurship.
- New England Venture Capital Association: As part of its mission, seeks to connect students with New England's startup community.
- Upstate Venture Association of New York: Seeks to increase capital for entrepreneurs and companies in upstate NY.