The Princeternship program
Ready to observe a prospective career field first-hand? Here's your chance. Since 2008, the Princeternship program has been offering students like you an inside look at careers by sending them out into the field.
A perfect start when investigating a career path — without a long-term internship commitment — this fast-growing program fosters real professional connections.
What to Expect
During your Princeternship, you will experience a “day in the life” of a particular workplace with an alum as your guide. Opportunities span a range of geographic regions, industries and fields, and can be a vital part of career development. Benefits include:
- On-the-ground insight into a possible career path
- Learning activities that enhance your career exploration
- An understanding of how careers evolve over time
- In-person networking with experienced professionals
- A chance to blog about your experience and gain exposure
Upcoming Princeternship Dates
Princeternship opportunities offered for 2016–2017:
- Winter recess one-on-one shadowing opportunities: Jan. 9-13, 2017 (Reading Period) OR Jan. 30-Feb. 3, 2017 (intersession)
- Spring recess group site visits in New York City (transportation will be provided): March 24, 2017 (spring recess)
How to Apply
Princeternship applications must be submitted through Handshake once positions have been posted.
- Winter Princeternship: Applications on Handshake will open Oct. 11 and will close on Nov. 8.
- March Princeternship: Applications on Handshake will open Feb. 6 and will be accepted on a rolling basis until February 20.
Step One: On Handshake, search for "Princeternship" under jobs. Upload your resume, click "Apply" in the Princeternship job posting.
Step Two: Fill out the questions on the Google Form associated with the job posting. Links to the questionnaire will be in the posting description.
For complete details, we encourage you to visit the FAQs page.